How to make your ViewMedica jump directly to a specific video or menu screen
There are two ways to get the custom embed code needed to make your ViewMedics load directly into any one of your videos or menu screens.
From your own site:
If you have a current ViewMedica install on your website, you can simply open the Web page on your site that already has ViewMedica embedded on it. If you do not have the basic ViewMedica embedded on your site -- or if you need embed codes for a lot of your content items, see the section below on getting the embed codes from the ViewMedica account management area.
1. First, you need to go to the exact content item that you want to automatically open. After it loads in, right-click on the ViewMedica viewer to get a menu.
2. Of the options available, click "Get Embed Code. You'll see a screen with the code highlighted. Copy that code.
Note: If your site uses an older embed code or is set to display the Flash plugin version of ViewMedica, the screen below will look different. We recommend you update your embed code with the latest version -- You can get the latest code by following the steps below for using the Account Management system.
3. Now bring up any Web editing software, or a text editor, and paste the contents of your clipboard. The resulting code is already customized to your account and is ready to use. If you are sending the new code to a Web developer for implementation, you can simply paste the code directly into an email message.
From the ViewMedica Account Management system:
You can also get the code by signing into your account on viewmedica.com/vm/login. This method is best for getting customized embed codes or large groups of embed codes. If you don’t remember how to sign in, see our tutorial on how to access your account.
1. After logging in, from your account dashboard, click ViewMedica Web's Installation Support.
2. On the Embed Codes tab you can select the button for your "Main Embed" code that is the default launch of ViewMedica, starting on the main menu screen. Or, for individual content item embed codes, first select the library to see a listing of all the items in that library.
3. Click the item you want the embed code for or select the item's "Embed" button. A window opens to show the Item embed code. Drop your mouse curser into that field and select all. Then hit command c on the Mac or Control c on the PC to copy. To send the code to a developer, paste it into an email message and send. Or, bring up any Web editing software, or a text editor, and paste the contents of your clipboard.
4. You may also get a brief text description of the item from this window. If you want a thumbnail image of an item, close the embed code window and select the item's "Thumb" button.
Note: You can customize this embed code further by turning on or off certain features, changing their default settings. Do this in the section below the embed code field.
Use the Standard features to change
Language -- The default has your player launch as English. You can set this to launch automatically in Spanish or German.
Menu Access -- The default (or "On") gives users of the embedded video or menu access to all menus in your ViewMedica player. You can also set this to "Off" to keep your users from accessing other content with this embed. When Menu Access is off for an individual video embed, there are no menu buttons to let the user browse to other content. When Menu Access is off for a section menu embed, the user can browse the embedded section and any menu within that section.
Autoplay -- The default (or “Off”) has your player wait for the user to click Play before an embedded video plays. You can set videos to play automatically by setting this to “On.” This only affects desktop browser users. Not all devices allow autoplay.
Use the Advanced features to change
Audio -- The default (or "On") has your player launch videos with normal audio. You can set this to "Off" to launch videos with the volume muted.
Brochure -- The default (or "On") has your player launch videos with access to printable brochures. You can set this to "Off" to remove the Print Brochure button.
Captions -- The default (or "On") has your player launch videos giving the user access to the Closed Captions button . You can set this to "Off" to remove the Closed Captions button.
Disclaimer -- The default (or "On") has your player launch videos giving the user access to the ViewMedica Dislaimer. You can set this to "Off" to remove the Disclaimer button.
Markup -- The default (or "On") has your player launch videos giving access to the Markup Mode. Set this to "Off" to remove the Markup button.
Search -- The default (or "On") gives your player a Search feature. Set this to "Off" to remove the Search button.
Sections -- The default (or "On") gives your player’s users the ability to skip to different sections of a video. You can set this to "Off" to remove the Sections button.
Sharing -- The default (or "On") has your player launch videos giving the user access to Sharing features. You can set this to "Off" to remove the Share button.